August 13, 2009

Lava Hot Springs



You would walk (or drive) up Main Street up behind this park & climb down a nice ledge into the river by some waterfalls. I didn't go on them but Jason did & he said it was crazy! Jason, Maddie & I did hit some good rapids. The first time down she didn't like it. She cried most the time. It was cold though. I can't say that I enjoyed it much either. It really bummed me out because if it would've been HOT it would have been a lot of fun. The river has parts in it where hot springs are dumping into it, but it didn't make it warm enough. One part we stopped & I climbed onto a rock where the hot springs were running into the river, it really was HOT! It felt nice, then back into my tube & I froze. I only floated the river one time. Maddie did it twice, & Jason did it over & over! He has some wicked scrapes & bruises to show for it. The rocks in the river were huge! Big Lava Rocks, & man they would just cut you up big time if you rubbed against one.


These rapids here were fun, I was worried we would get dumped. Maddie would have freaked out. So I think that made me more nervous. You would hit the rapid and it would pull the tube under (not your head though just body) and splash your face, burrrrrrrrr. Like I said it would've been a blast if the weather would have cooperated. For me any ways, I don't like it cold!
This is Main street. Tiny little town. I was surprised at how po-dunk it was. It was packed with people! You would think they would fix it up there some. But it was fun to just be able to walk up and down in 1 minute :)

Don't get me wrong. I am glad we went. It was good times for the kids. Maddie had a lot of fun. She played hard to keep up with the boys.


Haaaaa here's our cute little Kenzie, she was ready for the sun since it finally came out!

It was quite the drive there. It was the 1rst time ever for us to take our trailer that far. And first time with such a BIG Trailer. So of course we would have to have a Blow out! When we crossed the Idaho border some nice people driving by informed us about it. Thank goodness our friends were not too far ahead because they had to turn around and come back because the wrench we had for the lug nuts for the truck did not match the trailer! It all worked out. And thank goodness it didn't do too much damage to the trailer. We managed to find a shop in Lava that we bought a new spare tire from, and then the drive home we just took it easy & made it back with no problems. I'm glad Jason can handle the truck & trailer, there is no way I could even drive that monster straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment