July 9, 2009

4th of July

I love the 4th of July. And this year I have a brand new respect for our country. Reason being is Maddie & I have been reading about the history of "Old Glory" and the meaning of the Pledge of Allegiance. I am great full for the freedom we have, and feel very proud whenever I see our flag flying in the sky. Every time we pass one Maddie says "Look Mom there is Old Glory". It is a great feeling knowing I am passing our history on to my kids. She knew this year that the 4th of July is America's birthday. And that watching the fireworks and having a get together is to celebrate. This year we headed out to Salt Lake. It was nice to spend time with everyone. I was quite the slacker on pictures that day. I only took some at GG's house.
Here is Kenzie in her cute sundress that GG & Grammy gave her for her Birthday. And checking out all the cool toys that Grammy brought for them.
The weather was not as hot as it can be on the 4th. So we enjoyed sitting on the patio visiting.




Here is Kenzie with Gramps. She was having fun while he pretended to get her. I love to see the generations together. I'm glad we have Gramps. He's the only Great Grandpa the kids have.

















After we left here we spent the evening watching fireworks at my Sister In laws house. The kids went swimming and then there were fireworks everywhere that night. I'm so mad I didn't get any pictures. Kenzie liked the fireworks. I thought it would scare her but she didn't mind them at all. Alex looked a little nervous, but he made it through. Having kids makes it more exciting. I don't think sitting around lighting the little rinky dink fountains would quite excite us with out them. If it goes way up in the sky & BOOOOM's nice and loud, then yeah we turn into a bunch of big kids. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment