May 27, 2009

Our Yearly Memorial Day camping trip

I swear it felt like the day would never come! And now I'm at home posting pictures about the trip on my blog! It was so much fun to get up to Granite Flat & test out our new trailer. LOVED IT! We stayed 5 days & 4 nights. That is the longest we have done that. And it only rained solid for 1 day. It did rain on & off a bit.















Here is the "Big Rock"
That is what the kids call it. We always have to go take a walk so they can play on it.






We even got out & had a kick ball game. Boy, try running on pot hole, lumpy grass. I thought I was going to twist my ankle! It was fun though. I have no idea who won.




Here is my nephew Nikolas aka "Niko"..... nice action shot!




Our friends kids brought up these boots. And it just so happened they had a pair in Maddie's size. She LOVED the mud. Made me cringe! I kept thinking please don't get stuck because there is no way I'm coming out there to get you.



This is the view right behind us. It was flooded because of all the snow melt run off. There was quite a bit of snow still higher up that we could see. The weather was pleasant. Even when it rained.








Always sad to leave the mountains. But the nice thing is, 3 weeks and we'll be back! YAY!





Here is a video of Maddie jumping on the pogo stick. Check her out. She's good for never doing it before!

No comments:

Post a Comment